Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
Hello all ...

Has anyone found a way to run the eero app on a Mac?

It can be on either an Intel Mac or an Apple Silicon Mac (I have both).

eero app requires either iOS (v 15 or later) or Android (v. 9 or later).
I don't have any iOS devices.
I have an Android tablet, but it's old and runs Android 7. Thus, eero app won't load.
The only cell phone I have is a flip phone, incompatible.
There's no other way to access the eero (i.e., as "through a web browser").

What I've tried so far (nothing works)
- Bluestacks
- Nox App Player
- Android Studio (refuses to load the .apk file)
- Booting to Windows 11 (Parallels), can't load the eero .apk file.

Reason why I'm asking:
I was thinking about switching to Frontier fiber which has become available in my area for a decent price. But they include an eero wifi router, and I would have no way to access or control it (at least I haven't found a way to do so on the Mac yet).

If I can't get access to the eero with what I have now, looks like I'll have to use another router.

Not sure where to post this, I'll give the "networking" forum a chance.

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
Just one thought: On your AS Mac, can you run a version of macOS older than Big Sur 11.1 (on an external drive) where sideloading iOS ipa files originally worked? Ideally a VM suffices.
I do not know what Apple did to prevent this later on and more importantly, if they patched it backwards as well.
Getting the ipa still works on an Intel Mac with Apple Configurator or apparently with ipatool.

This site mentions sideloading still works when running Big Sur 11.2.3 or earlier.

EDIT: I spare you my thoughts on companies/products that force using their app as the ONLY way to manage them...

Last edited:

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
2021 MacBook Pro 14" cannot run earlier than Monterey.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.