Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ben_Dover

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
I'm so used to charging my aw every other day. But last night I was so tired I slept with it on and forgot to charge it. The next morning it was dead. I had to use one of my regular watches to work and this was my morning:

- as I was leaving the house: hey Siri, will it rain later to- ugh regular watch. Brings out my phone.
- about to pay for coffee: going for my aw - yeah, regular watch. Brings out my phone.
- in the lift: hey Siri, remind me - yup. Reaches for phone.
- in a meeting: I feel buzzing in my leg. I'm sure it'll go to vm. I feel the buzzing again. It must be important. It died then buzzed again. I'm sure they can hear the buzzing now. Reached for my phone to cancel it. Four short consecutive buzzes came. Uh-oh. "Excuse me sir, I need to go to the washroom"
- driving to an appointment: traffic d/t constructions. Commuters were re routed now I'm lost. Hey Siri, - *****!!! Pulls over. Unlocks phone and loads map.
-driving back to office: what time is it? There you go regular watch! Good job!
- in the parking lot: I missed an appointment as evidenced by the reminder on my phone screen.
- in my office: my aw is fully charged! Off you stupid useless dumb watch. So much activity tracking missed. Pfft!

2hours til next meeting. Gym, shower, lunch. All back to normal.

This is with almost a week wearing and using the watch. It successfully incorporated its features in my routine so far. Maybe it's just me.

Ben_Dover

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Batt...432885732&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+charger+battery

Get an extra charging cable with that. Good when you're away on a trip, like at the airport.

I have a vinsic power bank (20000mah). I also have extra cable. I did leave it in office to charge.

----------

I am glad I am not so dependent on my watch or phone. While they both help me out, loosing the watch for a morning would not hamper my day.

It didn't totally hamper my business though. I can still talk to an assistant. Pay meals with card. Most of my meetings were in a familiar locations. Can still take out phone to answer calls. I missed my activities tracked though. It's just a little bit convenient that I got used to the watch instantly. The little things you know. I do admit I am dependent on technology most of the time. :eek:

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
----------

[/COLOR]

It didn't totally hamper my business though. I can still talk to an assistant. Pay meals with card. Most of my meetings were in a familiar locations. Can still take out phone to answer calls. I missed my activities tracked though. It's just a little bit convenient that I got used to the watch instantly. The little things you know. I do admit I am dependent on technology most of the time. :eek:

I run a business with 32 employees and depend on my iPhone for scheduling but still do not feel trapped without it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.