Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kepardue

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Out of curiosity, for the beta testers, are there any noticeable improvements to Photos in El Cap? Specifically, I'm wondering if there is finally a Faces album that syncs across iCloud Photo Library.

I've spent a ton of time tagging my children in iPhoto/Photos. It makes it so much easier to find them later. But, Apple somehow doesn't allow the Faces album to sync across iCloud. Although it seems to allow the Faces metadata to go with the file. (I know this because, I can search for my daughter's name and it shows up in the search results as "Face" with 5,125 results).

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Out of curiosity, for the beta testers, are there any noticeable improvements to Photos in El Cap? Specifically, I'm wondering if there is finally a Faces album that syncs across iCloud Photo Library.

I've spent a ton of time tagging my children in iPhoto/Photos. It makes it so much easier to find them later. But, Apple somehow doesn't allow the Faces album to sync across iCloud. Although it seems to allow the Faces metadata to go with the file. (I know this because, I can search for my daughter's name and it shows up in the search results as "Face" with 5,125 results).

Faces always synced with iCloud Photo Library but there was never a folder for iOS. You can search a name and the face will appear as a tag though.

Utterchaos23

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2011
Brighton UK
Hi All,

Just wondered whether there was any other news on Photos improvements? GEO tagging, Faces Manager... Multiple Facebook accounts...etc.

Also... when updating, did Photos have to do a full compare on the existing iCloud library?.. Last time I had to clean install 10.10.4 (BIG crash due to TRIM) I had to do a full compare and if took about a week! (0.5 Meg Upload speed!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.