Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KeithJohn

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2015
Glasgow
Hi Guys, I was wondering if anyone can help me? A friend of mine was doing and house clearance and came across a box with 3 graphics cards in it, among other stuff, and also in the attic a Mac Pro, which I have identified as a 3.1 and was wondering if any of the graphics cards would work and perhaps run El Capitan natively, which I understand is the last OS a 3.1 one can run.

The cards are :- Nvidia Palit GTX 570, Asus GTX 560 1GB, ATI Radeon 5770 1GB they look clean and hopefully power up.

There is no memory in at the moment, I am in the progress of maybe acquiring some and also no HD trays, taking it apart and cleaning it found there are processors in, not sure what they are and the power supply works, so I thought I may try to get it up and running, any advice on the graphics cards would be appreciated, I think that maybe one or more of the cards might work as the power cables they need are installed.

Any ideas please ?

Many Thanks

Keith

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.