Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nDanne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2023
Hello everyone. I have an old MacPro 4.1 that I upgraded with an OWC Accelsior S Card and an attached Samsung 1TB SSD. I installed El Capitan on this SSD and it works fine. Now I would like to install Ventura via OpenCore Legacy Patcher on the same SSD while keeping the El Capitan installation to still run old software. For Ventura I bought a flashed geforce GTX 680. Is it possible to shrink the existing 1TB El Capitan Partition, create a new Partition on the new free space and than install Ventura via OCLP on that partition? Im wondering if it works, running both systems with APFS and HFS Partition on the same SSD and the GTX 680.

FarmerBob

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2004
You can either do it the old way and partition the SSD or make another Volume in the current Container and load whatever you want however many times you want.

My main machine, a 3,1, is set up to run 11 different OSs in a mixture of ways.

nDanne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2023
Thank you so much for your reply. Everythink worked as supposed expact of some issuses with some file permissions that occured. And the locks are missing at the bottom of the permission windows.
Bildschirmfoto 2023-11-04 um 18.29.39.png

Bildschirmfoto 2023-11-04 um 18.38.14.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.