Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-BigMac-

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Hey Guys.

Self explanatory title really. Dont wanna update to beta 1 if beta 2 comes out tomorrow :p do we have any indication of a specific date for beta 2?

zhaoxin

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2015
You can not install DP2 directly as Apple will not provide it. You can only install DP1 and update to DP2.

Reactions: -BigMac-

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2005
Hopefully DP2 in a few hours time. There's so many bugs on the current DP1 that even Mavericks DP1 feels more stable and superior than this El Crap...

Takuro

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
My bet for DP2:

Tuesday, June 23rd 10am PDT

You can quote me on that. I think it's a safe enough assumption at this point.

Yosemite developer previews always came out on a Monday or Tuesday at 10am Pacific, spread apart by exactly 2 weeks. It was like clockwork. Since 10am has already came and gone today, it'll be tomorrow.

Reactions: PowerBook-G5

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
Hopefully DP2 in a few hours time. There's so many bugs on the current DP1 that even Mavericks DP1 feels more stable and superior than this El Crap...

Pretty solid and stable for a first beta. Sorry you're having issues, but the consensus is that El Capitan is one of the better OS X releases, even if beta. If you're having issues, wait for the final version.

Reactions: superdupernova

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
This "BETA 1" build has been pretty darn good. Surprisingly so! Hoping "BETA 2" comes soon!

Last edited:

thewusman

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2013
It's a solid beta - runs well, but chews battery. At least on my 12" rMB. I look forward to the next beta.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
It's a solid beta - runs well, but chews battery. At least on my 12" rMB. I look forward to the next beta.

Check your console to see what's leaking. A few people were seeing a lot of iCloud issues and that was burning the battery life as it kept pushing the network. Once they've deleted the account and re-enable it, the battery life stabilized.

No battery issues here so far but I did a clean install and didn't get any iCloud issues.

victorhooi

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2011
El Capitan Developer Preview 2 is out now:

2itnLll.png

Reactions: Ninerboy81

keviig

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
It's even available to those of us who got it without a developer account (torrent for me).
I was expecting to have to download the update separately, but the update showed up in App Store.

Reactions: Ninerboy81

thewusman

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2013
Check your console to see what's leaking. A few people were seeing a lot of iCloud issues and that was burning the battery life as it kept pushing the network. Once they've deleted the account and re-enable it, the battery life stabilized.

No battery issues here so far but I did a clean install and didn't get any iCloud issues.

Thanks. Spent some time pouring over activity monitor and console a while back, didn't see any iCloud issues are an obvious culprit.

Takuro

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
My bet for DP2:

Tuesday, June 23rd 10am PDT

You can quote me on that. I think it's a safe enough assumption at this point.

I've decided to quote myself. In all fairness, it was an easy guess though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.