Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clete2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
USA
Is there an app to track election day progress? I'd maybe a mobile site made by fox news or another news source? I would like to follow the election day on my iPhone.

Clete2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
USA
I will never download an app that endorses Obama. I want an unbiased app with live tracking and details per state.

Amt

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2008
ah. I don't think there is one out right now like that. I'm sure once the election gets closer there will be, though.

detz

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
Why would a developer waste their time writing an app that is only good for one day? :rolleyes:

det2004

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2007
Why would a developer waste their time writing an app that is only good for one day? :rolleyes:

because with how important this election is, people would pay for it. It doesn't matter how long the app is good for, the money will spend the same. :eek:

Clete2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
USA
ah. I don't think there is one out right now like that. I'm sure once the election gets closer there will be, though.

thanks for the help. I'll keep an eye out.

Also, I would spend money on it because this is very important to me.

littlewaywelt

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2007
texts from cnn msnbc, etc will be faster. They send them out as soon as they can for each state.
bookmark one of their maps or electoral college tables as well.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Why would a developer waste their time writing an app that is only good for a few hours? :rolleyes:

Fixed that for you. The networks/press will not report any results until polls close in the particular state.

dmclain

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2008
ElectionMap

Disclaimer: I am one of the developers of ElectionMap.

ElectionMap will be updating during election day as the media calls states for Obama or McCain. Until November 4th (and during and after) we update with the latest poll results (under load presets) as well as being able to load the 2000 and 2004 election results and the current party affiliation of state governors. All of this is displayed on an interactive map that lets you adjust state votes to run different election scenarios. ElectionMap iTunes link

I know that Poll Tracker by Slate has current poll results as well as historic poll results. I don't know what their plans are for election day are, but i would be surprised if they didn't have something. Poll Tracker by Slate iTunes link

Both apps are 99 cents.

Daiden

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2007
Chicago, IL
I grabbed the Obama '08 one, thanks to whoever pointed that out. Should be interesting to see the election results!

TreoRenegade

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2008
If anyone bumps into some good twitter sources on this subject, pls post here. FWIW, I've found Hahlo.com, even with Edge, to be the most user-friendly twitter client for the iPhone. (Uses your twitter login info, so no need for still another account.) Seems like the best bet (given the lack of push on the iPhone), esp for folks like me who prefer multiple sources to check (QUICKLY) on Election Day.

Clete2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
USA
Fox News.... Unbiased?

That made me smile.. Thanks.

I wasn't referring to Fox News (their normal news is unbiased IMO; don't try to tell me that CNN, NBC, CBS, etc has unbiased news either :p) but I was really referring to the fact that the Obama app is biased.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.