Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Anyone playing? After I fizzled on my attempt to relive Doom3, I discovered a game in my queue of purchased but unplayed games in my Steam Library called Elex, a solo, post apocalyptic “action” RPG. Interesting story, interesting faction, but the combat at normal settings is horrible, your character is a weakling, barely able to handle the lowest level critters.

That is until I researched and discovered that in game, somewhere along the way, Pirana Bytes added a patch, and you can customize difficulty settings after you realize you are in over your head, because you thought “normal” meant normal, not “run away or we’ll beat your bottom“ normal mode. Anyway even on easy, you still have to watch your combat encounters, at least… I do.

It’s a pretty environment, the story, factions, characters and interactions are decent. After figuring out difficulty, I’m still forging ahead.

IMG_3052.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Irishman and Queen6

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I was too far in, so I restarted from the beginning on easy, and what a breath of fresh air. You can still get your butt kicked, but at least not by the plucked turkey-chickens running around. They are about 4-5’ tall. The biggest single difference I see is that your stamina drain is much lower, so you can swing away, and not have to stop to regain your breath, and it seems like dodging is easier too.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Observation, this game is extremely stingy with dropping gear. I’m killing NMEs with armor and weapons and they drop nothing but trinkets… Normally I rely on harvesting such things, but the damn developers apparantly decided that the player should buy almost everything Except for some legendary weapons… 😳

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Observation, this game is extremely stingy with dropping gear. I’m killing NMEs with armor and weapons and they drop nothing but trinkets… Normally I rely on harvesting such things, but the damn developers apparantly decided that the player should buy almost everything Except for some legendary weapons… 😳

You can grab some of these legendary items early, but you won’t be able to use them until you’ve leveled up your stats. 🤔

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.