Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
I

itsme92

Original poster
Hi all,

I'm eligible for a new phone from Verizon. I'm a secondary number, so I don't get a free phone, I only get $100 off the list price. Anyway, I'm wondering what I should get.

First and foremost, I want a phone that makes good calls. If a phone can't make good calls, no matter what else it's good at, I'm not interested.

I also would like a camera, but I don't mind it being low-res. I'd like bluetooth if there's an easy way to crack Verizon's crippled bluetooth.

I guess that's it, my cell phones are pretty basic.

You may be asking then, why is he replacing his phone which currently does all of that but the bluetooth (LG VX6100), it's because my phone gets half a day of battery life, and it's beaten up and scratched, and has a big ol crack through the outside screen.

I'm thinking that the LG VX5300 might be for me, because it does everything my old phone does, but it is smaller, looks cooler, and has Bluetooth.

But what about a motorola KRZR? I like how it looks, but I guess that's all it does for me the VX5300 doesn't. Is it any better than the RAZR? (my friend has a RAZR, he says of it "everything's awesome but the phone part"). Is it good at all? (Everybody I know with a motorola phone seems to hate it). I guess it isn't logical but I like how it looks. Convince me not to get it.

Are there any other phones out there people like and would reccomend? Will you guys convince me the KRZR is a waste of money?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.