Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tim2006

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2006
Does anyone have sales figures for the elite vs ps3. with the ps3 temp price drop I wonder which will sell more the rest of july and aug? thoughts?

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
i think it's too soon to really tell. and you shouldn't be comparing the ps3 to just the high-end xbox 360 model. amazon lists the ps3 #1 in sales rank since the price drop, with the elite somewhere in the forties and the 20 gb xbox model at #13.

tim2006

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2006
i think it's too soon to really tell. and you shouldn't be comparing the ps3 to just the high-end xbox 360 model. amazon lists the ps3 #1 in sales rank since the price drop, with the elite somewhere in the forties and the 20 gb xbox model at #13.

thats a good point the pro is xbox's number 1 seller over the elite and core. I compared them because they both have hdmi ports. I am not real sure that hdmi makes a big deal for xbox without a next gen dvd out of the box.

like my situation my tv does 1080 p over component and I only have 2 hdmi's. I dont think I would waste an hdmi on the 360. most reviews do not rank the standard dvd player very high. the add on HD does seem to get good reviews.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.