Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisDx

macrumors member
Original poster
May 2, 2007
Hi;
I have a new MacBook Air [Sonoma 14.2.1] on which I am not having much luck accessing Telus emails using Mac Mail. I also have a desktop iMac on which I am accessing those same Telus accounts just fine. I have two Telus accounts.
After signing up the new internet accounts on the MBA [with the GMail IMAP and STMP settings] the accounts show up in the Mail app but with a triangle ! icon. The mailboxes are empty. I have tried multiple times [adding and deleting the accounts] to no avail.
Other accounts [GMail and iCloud] are working fine on the MBA.
The Telus website and forum have not been helpful.
Any insights would be much appreciated.

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Select menu.. Window > Connection Doctor. Post the error messages or post screenshot. You can also opt to check "Log Connection Activity" and attempt to fetch mail. Then press the "Show Logs" button. Report any error messages.

Rhyalus

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2011
I think there is a bug with IMAP settings. I have an account which I entered in proper incoming and outgoing servers.

The next day, the outgoing server was replaced by an outlook 365 server name (I don’t remember the specifics). I fixed it (no edit was available so I deleted and re entered) and it happened again.

I switched to POP and it is working fine.

R

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.