Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Simba_Lennon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2017
I send a lot of images to myself over email, since it's the only way I can get them from my laptop (Macbook Air) to my iPod Touch (5th generation). A lot of times I do it to post them to places; Twitter, Tumblr, Kik, etc. But here's the thing: A lot of times, when I go to post them, they don't show up in my camera roll after the "upload file" stage. When I go to check the actual camera roll app, they show up fine. But then when my roll is accessed by other apps, they suddenly disappear from view.

But then other times when I try to post something, only some of the images from the emails show. Say for example, I email 6 images to myself to post to Twitter. I go to upload them, but then when I go for the "upload file" thing, only 2-4 of them will show, with the others being as if I never saved them. (And before anyone asks, yes, I make sure to check that each image is saved.) It's so inconsistent, and I can't find any patterns or signs leading to what causes this.

Why is this? Does it involve the file types somehow? All I use for images are .jpgs, .jpegs and .png files. Any help or advice on how to fix this would be much appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.