Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buckstah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2012
Hello All --

I was wondering if anyone could help me out here. One thing I'd love to be able to do is email a group of contacts I have in Google Contacts. On the WebGUI from a PC/Mac I can type in "Group Name" into the To: box and everyone is automatically put into the email.

Does anyone have a solution for something like this?

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
Hello All --

I was wondering if anyone could help me out here. One thing I'd love to be able to do is email a group of contacts I have in Google Contacts. On the WebGUI from a PC/Mac I can type in "Group Name" into the To: box and everyone is automatically put into the email.

Does anyone have a solution for something like this?

im not sure if there are any non google services that use google contact groups like that.

only solution i could think of is to have the gmail app and either use that all the time or just for these emails.

btw do you sync your contacts with google? if so does google populate your contacts app with the google contacts groups?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
The only Google "group" that gets synced to your iPhone is the "My Contacts" group.

Not sure you can even do the group email via the Gmail app.

Using the desktop site in Chrome for iOS is a bad experience but possible.

What you probably need is something like "Contacts Sync For Google Gmail", a $2.99 app. I've never tried it but at least the developer is keeping it up-to-date.

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
The only Google "group" that gets synced to your iPhone is the "My Contacts" group.

Not sure you can even do the group email via the Gmail app.

Using the desktop site in Chrome for iOS is a bad experience but possible.

What you probably need is something like "Contacts Sync For Google Gmail", a $2.99 app. I've never tried it but at least the developer is keeping it up-to-date.

seems promising.

i see it offere custom field syncing which is another thing that dosent work with google and cardav.

is the groups and custom fields syncing impossible via carddav?

gonca

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2011
Europe
Emailing a Google Contacts Group

I am currently looking for the same ... no solutions for far :/
In fact, I have synced my google contacts with iphone, in google over 600 contacts are spread between a few groups, but in iphone contacts are all together.

I would like to have the groups as in google, for easy pick a contact for a call, or send emails to the whole group

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.