Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ravynmagi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2013
Our employees have Exchange on their iPhones and new emails show up on the lock screen before the phone is even unlocked. There are confidentiality concerns because of this and I've been tasked with disabling this on all our company iPhones.

We are using an MDM server. I can disable the notification center on the lock screen. But apparently this doesn't stop these emails from showing up. I found that if I go to Settings, Notifications, Mail, Exchange, Show on Lock Screen, and turn this off, it solves the problem. However I don't know if there is a way to put this granular of a change into a profile on our MDM server to push out to the phones.

rf61985

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2013
Just go to Settings, Notification Center, Mail, turn off Show on Lock Screen. Or keep it on there but Turn off Show Preview. Then it will just show "New Message"

Ravynmagi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2013
Just go to Settings, Notification Center, Mail, turn off Show on Lock Screen. Or keep it on there but Turn off Show Preview. Then it will just show "New Message"

That part was easy to figure out. The real question is how can I deploy this setting over MDM to all my company's iOS devices?

rf61985

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2013
That part was easy to figure out. The real question is how can I deploy this setting over MDM to all my company's iOS devices?

Ah sorry. I must have missed over that last part. I'm not sure. I'm sure there's a way. Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.