Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoeyK

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2020
Hi,
If if want to embed only a chart from a site to another site, how would I go about it? There's an interactive phonemic chart that I want to put in/embed as a Google Site resource, without the menu/header/footer and additional parts of the site visible. I have inspected the elements and looked at the source code, but I can't seem to get it to work.

This is the site, and I only want to embed the part of the site where the chart starts and ends: https://englishwithlucy.co.uk/phonemic-chart/

Thanks for any help!

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Wouldn't there be copyright issues involved with doing that?

That aside, be aware that the site as it is has issues. It doesn't display properly for me in Firefox. VOWELS and CONSONANTS are supposed to be vertical (as they show in Chrome or Safari) but end up horizontal…cutting off the end of CONSONANTS.

VitoBotta

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2020
Espoo, Finland
You can only embed the full page from a site into another with an iframe, not parts of it, unless you use a proxy to extract the part you are interested in. Also, these days most websites are configured to prevent embedding into iframes unless the domains of parent and child websites are the same, because the lack of that measure opens the iframed website to some potential security issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.