Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hawkeye14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2011
CHI
I have a X running 11.2 and the emoji predictive text is not working.

On my previous phone (7 running 11.1.2) when I would type "taco" the taco emoji would appear in the prediction bar. On my X this seems to have disappeared. I was told by apple support that this would start working as the phone learned. But it has not happened yet.

Yes I have the emoji keyboard installed and predictive is set to on.

Anyone else have a similar problem?

Hawkeye14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2011
CHI
Try sending yourself at least 5 emojis...that usually brings back the predictive text

I tried that and it didn't work.

I've been selecting the emoji keyboard and replacing the word manually. still not getting the emoji replacement in the prediction bar.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I have a X running 11.2 and the emoji predictive text is not working.

On my previous phone (7 running 11.1.2) when I would type "taco" the taco emoji would appear in the prediction bar. On my X this seems to have disappeared. I was told by apple support that this would start working as the phone learned. But it has not happened yet.

Yes I have the emoji keyboard installed and predictive is set to on.

Anyone else have a similar problem?
I had it happen after I did a clean install and set up as new.. I tried everything in the article listed above but, it didn’t work. It started working on it’s own after a few days..

westislander

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2011
Montreal, Quebec Canada
Is anyone else encountering the same issue on iOS 12. Emojis aren't coming up in the prediction bar.
I'm seeing the same issue on an iPhone 8 Plus (Clean install) and an iPhone 7 Plus (OTA). Previously, both were on 11.4.1 and this feature was working.

If I switch to the emoji keyboard then the word turns orange and when I tap on it, it's replaced by it's emoji equivalent.

Did they possibly remove the feature?

I followed the steps posted in the link above but no luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.