Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i4m

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2013
please read with a sense of humour

This brings up an interesting question.

What will we call people of one color who uses emojis of another color? (uncle tom? slim shady?

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
What bright yellow? All I see are pale white:

������������������������������������✊✌️��✋��������������☝️����������������������������������������������

Which one do you think a dark-skinned black toddler should use?

Can't see any of those in Chrome. But you should learn about "absence of color" in graphic design. :rolleyes:

----------

lol @ all the whites complaining about PC.

Whites hate PC, because PC attacks white cultural dominance.
No, "PC" is only from whites. Because PC is from moronic whites that "feel bad", but can't express it like normal people. Quit lumping me in with other people, racist.

i4m

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2013
lol @ all the whites complaining about PC.

Whites hate PC, because PC attacks white cultural dominance.

2014 Demographic of shows US population as: white 79.96%, black 12.85%, Asian 4.43%...

Why would PC attack cultural dominance based on race? isn't it clear what it should be from the numbers? Not that hard to do the math.

Last edited:

m4v3r1ck

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2011
The Netherlands
United Nations!

Complaints of racism have resulted in an investigation by the UN into the Dutch tradition of Zwarte Piet. It's because the UN started to bash The Netherlands regarding it's "zwarte-pieten" (black-pete). Many Towns will have multi-coloured (even blue, red, yellow, etc) pete's instead of the original black one. :rolleyes:

noodlemanc

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2010
Australasia
Black and brown people want emojis with black and brown skin! OMG How ridiculous is that?!?

It is kinda ridiculous since emojis are meant to represent emotions, not races. I'm white, but if all of Apple's emojis were only brown for some reason, I wouldn't have any problem using them whatsoever. Because a brown smiley face still equals happy just as much as a white smiley face. So I wouldn't care that the emojis are brown and wouldn't feel any need to have white ones as well just because I'm white.

Let me ask you: If the emojis were originally brown, would you want there to be white ones (or whatever colour race you are)? If so, why? Is it because you can't relate to emojis that are a different colour than yourself?

----------

Your logic is incorrect here. History has excluded the minority race from having choice. Inclusion of choice currently corrects what was wrong. It does not negate racial neutrality. Gender and race neutral emojis might be best, but in order for that to happen, Apple would have to remove the white emojis.

Having completely race neutral emojis would be a better option than all of this silly stuff, since they're meant to convey emotions and nothing else.

----------

Also no....I don't think the blacks supported slavery...

What about the backs in Africa who sold their fellow blacks to others as slaves?

Throughout the entire world prior to a few hundred years ago virtually every civilisation used slaves. Until the industrial revolution made them obsolete most of the world was a slave-based economy. No race was really that much better or worse than another -- some whites kept slaves, some Jews kept slaves, some blacks kept slaves and some middle-easterners kept slaves. Not just a white man victimising black man thing.

citizenzen

macrumors 68000
Mar 22, 2010
It is kinda ridiculous since emojis are meant to represent emotions, not races. ...

You obviously haven't noticed that emoji have for a long time expanded beyond smilies.

Take our current line up for example. What emotions are represented by # or # or # or # or # or # or # or # or # or # or # or ...?

w0by

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2007
Chicago, IL
Meh

This is ridiculous. It's a bright yellow smiley face, has absolutely nothing to do with race. Why bring a skin color into emoji?

mozumder

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2009
2014 Demographic of shows US population as: white 79.96%, black 12.85%, Asian 4.43%...

Why would PC attack cultural dominance based on race? isn't it clear what it should be from the numbers? Not that hard to do the math.

You're right.

White people should dominate everything. They are clearly the superior race, as you have demonstrated.

This is obviously why PC is incorrect: they don't accept that white people are the clearly superior dominant race in America, and America is the only country that matters.

Come. Let us make fun of the PC crowd. That is an enjoyable white-people sport.

steve333

macrumors 65816
Dec 12, 2008
Pay attention: Japanese have light skin, they created emojis, and now they are an international icon set, and the light skin of emojis applies to all light skinned people, including Caucasians. The whole point is that we can look beyond race, but skin color? Never. If you want one color to represent the majority on the Internet, it would have to be a pretty dark shade of brown. Black and brown people don't need to use light emojis, neither does this white person if I so choose. The white/US bias on this forum is really astounding, the claims that offering color is racist? Only a white probably republican dumbass can come up with that little twist of reality.

----------

Offering a range of color to represent users is racist? How head up your ass do you have to be to see this that way?

Oh, you poor 'minority', not getting everything your way, obviously racist against white people, and all jazzed up because a freaking emoticon doesn't look like you.
You're a total fool.
My advice-get over yourself, get used to the fact that this country has white people in it, and stop being such a douche

eyehop

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2005
Oh, you poor 'minority', not getting everything your way, obviously racist against white people, and all jazzed up because a freaking emoticon doesn't look like you.
You're a total fool.
My advice-get over yourself, get used to the fact that this country has white people in it, and stop being such a douche

I'm white, but that's irrelevant. The Internet is international, so I don't know what 'this country' you mean, Zimbabwe? Argentina? Iraq? White people already have white emojis, so that's a non-issue, not anything I need to get over, I'm not hung up on there being white emojis. You people that have issues with skin shades being added to an icon set are on my last nerve. Really ****ing dumb tools, to be precise. Look at what your real issues are.

steve333

macrumors 65816
Dec 12, 2008
I'm white, but that's irrelevant. The Internet is international, so I don't know what 'this country' you mean, Zimbabwe? Argentina? Iraq? White people already have white emojis, so that's a non-issue, not anything I need to get over, I'm not hung up on there being white emojis. You people that have issues with skin shades being added to an icon set are on my last nerve. Really ****ing dumb tools, to be precise. Look at what your real issues are.

The emoji's I see on most sites are yellow. I'm not yellow and somehow I get by with using them and not caring that a cartoon character doesn't look like me
You're a ******* fool

mozumder

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2009
The emoji's I see on most sites are yellow. I'm not yellow and somehow I get by with using them and not caring that a cartoon character doesn't look like me
You're a ******* fool

I hope you understand that you're getting all emotionally worked up over other people having the ability to write cartoon characters of a different skin color.

It's quite amazing what's happening to you people.

Think about it.

You're actually pissed off that a black girl can type in a cartoon character with a person of a black skin color, instead of the white skin color that you're used to.

You want that person to black girl to use the default white skin color emoji, like all of these: ##################✊✌️#✋#######☝️#######################

You don't want that black girl to have the ability to write all those in a different skin color.

lol. It really gets to you people.

BTW You're not helping to dispel the stereotype that racist people are emotional sensitive people.

steve333

macrumors 65816
Dec 12, 2008
I hope you understand that you're getting all emotionally worked up over other people having the ability to write cartoon characters of a different skin color.

Think about it.

You're actually pissed off that a black girl can type in a cartoon character with a person of a black skin color, instead of the white skin color that you're used to.

You want that person to black girl to use the default white skin color emoji, like all of these: ##################✊✌️#✋#######☝️#######################

You don't want that black girl to have the ability to write all those in a different skin color.

BTW You're not helping to dispel the stereotype that racist people are emotional sensitive people.

We're pissed off that people are so stupid to care that an emoticon is yellow.
Sometimes the level of stupidity in this country gets so high that those of us with common sense and brains need to get it off our chest.

citizenzen

macrumors 68000
Mar 22, 2010
Am I gonna have to break out the mirror of ugly truths again? I hate when I have to do that.

He wouldn't recognize the reflection anyway.

----------

Think about it.

You want that person to black girl to use the default white skin color emoji, like all of these: ������������������������������������✊✌️��✋��������������☝️����������������������������������������������

Utterly agree with you.

It is ah-mazing how much it gets to them.

Renzatic

Suspended
He wouldn't recognize the reflection anyway.

That's the saddest thing of all.

I mean we now have 15 pages of people bitterly complaining about the inclusion of something utterly innocuous as if it's the end of the world. It's not like accidentally sending an Asian and black emoji to an Indian guy will inadvertently start a race war or something. It's just...

...they're goddamn little pictures of people you send to your friends via text messages. What's the big deal? About the only justifiable reaction to this should've been something along the lines of "oh, okay. Neat."

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Sometimes the level of stupidity in this country gets so high that those of us with common sense and brains need to get it off our chest.

What is shocking is that an entire range of 53 emojis of white (not yellow) skin color, which is almost half of the people-related emojis, is posted in the post you quoted, and you are still unable to grasp the concept. No wonder you're getting so worked up. There is only one dark-skinned one, and he's wearing a turbin.

I can guaran-freaking-tee you that if there were 53 dark-skinned emojis and then just yellow ones, there would be an uproar. You'd probably lead it. I'm not really sure you understand where the stupidity lies. Here's a hint: it's with those who are actually upset that other races can now get emojis which can represent them. It's shocking that people can be so blatantly idiotic.

The fact that people keep saying "it's a yellow face...what's the big deal" shows how incompetent some people are.

steve333

macrumors 65816
Dec 12, 2008
Wow, what a total load of crap.
Amazing that those who think they are so tolerant of other people turn out to be the ones so hung up on race.

mozumder

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2009

These are yellow?

##################✊✌️#✋#######☝️#######################

Not sure why you think all these emoji should be white people?

mozumder

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2009
Wow, what a total load of crap.
Amazing that those who think they are so tolerant of other people turn out to be the ones so hung up on race.

Please get a grip on your racism. It makes you look bad. Other people make fun of you for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.