Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisterMillz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
FL, USA
Does anyone else randomly go to unlock their phone or go back to the lock screen and the jumbo clock disappears? I can replicate the issue on call but it does happen at least twice a day. The only way for me to fix it is by performing a soft reset. It’s really bothersome. This has happened on both iPhone X models that I’ve owned. (T-Mobile space gray) (sprint silver <current>)

I tried to upload a photo but website is giving me an error. Basically the jumbo time and date are gone from the lock screen leaving huge empty space. Doesn’t even show the padlock when the phone locks or unlocks.

Last edited:

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
How do you go back to the lock screen? I haven't noticed this yet on mine, the time and lock have always been on there.

MisterMillz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
FL, USA
How do you go back to the lock screen? I haven't noticed this yet on mine, the time and lock have always been on there.

Accessing notification shade screen. It’s basically your lock screen. Also if I hit the power button it will show the lock screen losing the time and date before it blacks out. Really annoying

Last edited:

Hookem99

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2009
KEDC
Its been an issue for a while. I have this problem on my X, 7+ & iPad Pro. It was listed as a known issue in one of the recent Public Betas. If you look back, it's happened before with other iOS releases.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Accessing notification shade screen. It’s basically your lock screen. Also if I hit the power but it will show the lock screen losing the time and date before it blacks out. Really annoying

Yeah, I know the power button, but I guess I just viewed notification shade differently. Still don't see it there though, hopefully it gets fixed for you, have you tried a soft reboot?

MisterMillz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
FL, USA
Its been an issue for a while. I have this problem on my X, 7+ & iPad Pro. It was listed as a known issue in one of the recent Public Betas. If you look back, it's happened before with other iOS releases.

Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was something new to the X. Guess I’ll join the “sit and wait” line.

Nysprtsfn

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2017
Does anyone else randomly go to unlock their phone or go back to the lock screen and the jumbo clock disappears? I can replicate the issue on call but it does happen at least twice a day. The only way for me to fix it is by performing a soft reset. It’s really bothersome. This has happened on both iPhone X models that I’ve owned. (T-Mobile space gray) (sprint silver <current>)

I tried to upload a photo but website is giving me an error. Basically the jumbo time and date are gone from the lock screen leaving huge empty space. Doesn’t even show the padlock when the phone locks or unlocks.
It always happened on my 7plus but not yet on my X

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2011
I see the flashlight and the camera on the lockscreen but tapping them doesnt do anything. How do I get those to work and can you customize what's on the lockscreen?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.