Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
https://store.steampowered.com/app/383120/Empyrion__Galactic_Survival/

Anyone playing this? On sale right now, Steam Summer Sale for 50% off!I played it 2 years ago and quit. Now some friend has decide to play, so I've been checking out the solo version, not very far along and much of it is not intuitive at all, kind of a pain in the ass.

If anyone has read this and gotten into end game territory, I'd like to hear about it. For those not familiar it's a survival game with both land based building, space exploration, and multiple planets.

1514497691_empyrion-galactic-survival.jpg

file_32737_empyrion-galactic-survival_001.jpg

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
https://store.steampowered.com/app/383120/Empyrion__Galactic_Survival/

Anyone playing this? On sale right now, Steam Summer Sale for 50% off!I played it 2 years ago and quit. Now some friend has decide to play, so I've been checking out the solo version, not very far along and much of it is not intuitive at all, kind of a pain in the ass.

If anyone has read this and gotten into end game territory, I'd like to hear about it. For those not familiar it's a survival game with both land based building, space exploration, and multiple planets.

On my Wishlist.

Looks like a forgotten No Man's Sky clone.

Gonna wait until it is around $5 before I try it out...

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
July 2018, Empyrion: Galactic Survival has the best building it in hands down right now. I'm looking forward to building a mega ship similar to what I had worked on Space Engineers which I got frustrated with, due to the minecraft look. Even with Space Engineers's rounded blocks, when you move away from a ship the rounded blocks revert to looking square, at least the last time I played it. In the Steam Workshop:

Perseus Carrier.jpg

Perseus Carrier

Anubis-AT.jpg

Anubus

BuildingConstruction.jpg

Base​

Last edited:

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
July 2018, Empyrion: Galactic Survival has the best building it in hands down right now. I'm looking forward to building a mega ship similar to what I had worked on Space Engineers which I got frustrated with, due to the minecraft look. Even with Space Engineers's rounded blocks, when you move away from a ship the rounded blocks revert to looking square, at least the last time I played it. In the Steam Workshop:

Looks cool.

Unfortunately, I missed the Steam sale.

No Man's Sky N E X T will keep me busy in the mean time...;)

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Looks cool.

The parts
Looks cool.

When being new to the game and looking at a built structure, the parts are like putting together a puzzle, which is good more than bad. It means you have the ability to make more complex shapes without the Minecraft look. I’ll post some screens still in.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I set this game aside last Fall, but the urge to build a spaceship has come back. But then I went and looked at the blueprints available in Steam, primo building examples, and damn it, it's discouraging just how good these designs are!

I wanna! :p Maybe i will.

CS Oberon.jpg

Dive 1 CV.jpg

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I set this game aside last Fall, but the urge to build a spaceship has come back. But then I went and looked at the blueprints available in Steam, primo building examples, and damn it, it's discouraging just how good these designs are!

I wanna! :p Maybe i will.

Just got hold of these ships, (available from the Steam Workshop) although beautiful, they fly like crap, and I was reminded they are limited to 200 frick’n MPH. I’m sure this is a game physics limit. But this is kind of a deterrent unless I could be satisfied with building a large static display, which I was ok with in Space Engineers. :oops:

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
Just got hold of these ships, (available from the Steam Workshop) although beautiful, they fly like crap, and I was reminded they are limited to 200 frick’n MPH. I’m sure this is a game physics limit. But this is kind of a deterrent unless I could be satisfied with building a large static display, which I was ok with in Space Engineers. :oops:

Cool, thanks for the heads-up. It's been on my Wishlist.

Maybe the next Steam sale...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.