Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hazel.fish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2014
hi guys,

I have 2 questions..

1-I was wondering if there are any apps to help me password other apps on my iPhone..

2- is it possible to sync photos from "camera roll" album to my mac through itunes?

thanks!

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
1 - Sure. Turn on restrictions and you can disable apps. You can enter a passcode to launch them.

2 - Not iTunes, but there is another utility called Image Capture that lets you copy your photos off. It is a very minimal tool; I use it for pulling videos off myself (and Aperture for photos).

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
1 - Sure. Turn on restrictions and you can disable apps. You can enter a passcode to launch them.

2 - Not iTunes, but there is another utility called Image Capture that lets you copy your photos off. It is a very minimal tool; I use it for pulling videos off myself (and Aperture for photos).
A few things about restrictions--you can only do that related to some (generally stock Apple) apps or some content or actions within them. Furthermore, when you do it, it's not that you would enter a passcode/password to launch them, you would need to go back into restrictions to disable the restriction first before you could then launch those apps or see the restricted content or perform a restricted action.

hazel.fish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2014
Well..
I've checked that option "restriction".. However, it seems not covering all apps.. Only very few selected APPLE apps only!

I was mainly looking for an external app..

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Well..
I've checked that option "restriction".. However, it seems not covering all apps.. Only very few selected APPLE apps only!

I was mainly looking for an external app..
Can't really be done aside from essentially jailbreaking and using some tweak that would allow for that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.