Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

displaced

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2003
Gravesend, United Kingdom
Hm... I downloaded the newest Catalyst drivers, extracted and modified using Mobility Modder. But ATI Tool won't apply higher clock speeds when I adjust the slider. Moreover, when I tried to launch QW, it just bumped me back to the desktop with an error.

Yep, I'm stumped.

Are you using .24 or .26? Could you explain how you got ATI Tool to change the clock speeds?

This might sound silly (only mentioning it because I've done it myself a few times!) .... did you click the Set Clock button after adjusting the sliders? By default, ATI Tool won't automatically set the clock when adjusting the slider in case you accidentally bump it up to a billion megahertz or something :)

I've got an older version of ATI Tool - v0.25 Beta 14.

What was the QW error? There's also a hotfix for ATI drivers for ET:QW here although I didn't seem to need it on my setup (which is odd!).

zweigand

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Notes on the Mac port.

It's being done by Aspyr Media ...it's in the coming soon section of their site.
It's a native port ..not cider
It's going to be Intel only (per latest Inside Mac Games podcast)
It's going to be coming out shortly after the PC version. (The PC version ships Oct 2. Amazon.com has the Mac version listed as shipping at the beginning of Nov.)

Hopefully they put out a Mac demo as well ...maybe Oct?

Any more questions? :D

TheRuggedLion

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
Detroit
Yeah, sorry to derail the thread, but i'm having some trouble overclocking the hd2600 in my iMac. Bioshock is playable, but I think a few more FPS would make it much more enjoyable to play. Anyone have any luck overclocking the 2600 in windows XP? Currently there is no support for this card from mobiltiy modder, rivatuner, and atitool. Im all out of ideas at this point...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.