Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pranav T

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2021
I recently received a faulty engraved apple pencil so I paid a visit to the apple store and got a refund for the faulty pencil. After that I ordered another one with the same engraving but this time, it is shipping from a local warehouse. As far as I know, products have to be engraved at the factory in china and my previous pencil also shipped from china. Also, my engraving is nowhere near common so now I’m worried that they are re-shipping me the faulty product that I returned to them

Kyle76

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2017
North Carolina
I wouldn’t worry about it. I find it highly unlikely that they would send out an item returned as defective, particularly one with an unusual engraving, How would they even have matched up your replacement with your return? I would guess returned personalized items are broken down for parts or sold off to warehouses in China.

Username-already-in-use

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2021
I’m thinking of buying an Apple Pencil with an engraving later this year. I’m considering requesting something disgusting on it just to see if Apple do it. I don’t care.

• Haha
Reactions: DeepIn2U
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.