Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lucas83638

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2023
Hi all

Apple has mentioned that there are improvements to hybrid and remote workflows:

Enhancing Hybrid and Remote Pro Workflows

Leveraging the advanced media engine in Apple silicon, macOS Sonoma brings a new high performance mode to the Screen Sharing app. Enabling incredibly responsive remote access to hybrid in-studio and remote pro workflows, it delivers low-latency audio, high frame rates, and supports up to two virtual displays. This mode empowers pros to securely access their content creation workflows from anywhere — whether editing in Final Cut Pro or DaVinci Resolve, or animating complex 3D assets in Maya. And with support for reference color, it also enables remote color workflows that traditionally could not be performed without dedicated hardware and specialized software.

I have been dreaming of an own Cloud Development setup, where I can have a stationary Mac Studio in the office and a MacBook Air on the go that connects to the Studio remotely.

I haven’t found anything in the docs, anyone knows more about this feature?

Thanks!

Reactions: flobach

cocoua

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2014
madrid, spain
This is truly the only feature could means something for this update, As it seems for Apple "With more ways to personalize with widgets and stunning new screen savers, significant updates to Safari and video conferencing, along with an optimized gaming experience — the Mac experience is better than ever"
Captura de pantalla 2023-09-24 a las 17.44.19.jpg

It seems fixing old bugs in macOS is not as important as new screen savers, I'm glad the Mac is becoming a expensive toy more than a pro tool for production

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.