Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sleix

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2003
Sacramento, CA
I hope there is “one more thing” tomorrow.
One more thing...that automobile rumor you've been seeing was all a ruse to hide the fact that we've brought Steve Jobs back from the dead and have inserted him into a new apple branded android body. HE will be taking back the company shortly thereafter. Pre-orders for your very own Apple body will start next week. :D

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Usually upgrade every year.
This year I have absolutely no interest whatsoever. The jump between handsets is now too small to justify the extra price tag - for me anyways. Upon setup, within a few hours it's just 'meh, more of the same' all over again. Will be sticking to my 13PM and upgrade to iOS 16 until the iPhone 15 at the very least so that an 'upgrade' actually feels like an upgrade.

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
Tomorrow your iPhone 13 will be last year's model.
You do know dead pan humour is quite hard to convey successfully on a forum post. Don't you?

I'll assume you meant this in a humorous way…

If you were being serious, then… oh dear.

Now you won't have the newest iPhone anymore :(
You won't be in the Top G group anymore :(
Indeed.
All over… *sigh*

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Usually upgrade every year.
This year I have absolutely no interest whatsoever. The jump between handsets is now too small to justify the extra price tag - for me anyways.
But the jump from 11 to 12 and 12 to 13 were? This should be a bigger jump then either one of those but who knows. It's all rumors and rumors have been wrong before.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
But the jump from 11 to 12 and 12 to 13 were? This should be a bigger jump then either one of those but who knows. It's all rumors and rumors have been wrong before.

No they weren't. That's why I said I'm not up for that 'meh' feeling after setup. It no longer feels like an upgrade every year. Hence why I've decided to wait another year, maybe 2, before I would upgrade again.
I feel like the iPhone 14 is an 's' upgrade over the 13....

Reactions: russell_314

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
No they weren't. That's why I said I'm not up for that 'meh' feeling after setup. It no longer feels like an upgrade every year. Hence why I've decided to wait another year, maybe 2, before I would upgrade again.
I feel like the iPhone 14 is an 's' upgrade over the 13....
I don't think it ever felt like that except in the early iPhone days. I can't say pre iPhone 4 but I remember the 4 to 5 then 5 to 6 were big changes. The next big change was the iPhone X then the XS but since then it's been pretty much the same. The camera has gotten much better since then. If you take pictures a lot that's reason enough to upgrade. If not every 2-3 years. I was going every 2 years except when I went from the 12 to 13. I'm not sure why I did that other than a huge trade in so it didn't cost me so much.

Reactions: Ifti

zildMacjian

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
UK
tbh got a 13 pro - so only the 14 pro will be a noticeable improvement (a16, maybe 48mp cam,etc)

going off that the 14 / 14 max wont get the a16

lets see what tomorrow brings - doubt a flip phone :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.