Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tattooedpierre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi,

So I'm a developer by trade but (unfortunately?) my commercial experience lies with C#/ASP.NET thus far.

I'm desperate to get on the iOS bandwagon and was wondering if you think there a benefit in me enrolling in the Dev Program now, and paying my fee, so that I can get my hands on Swift just now.. or, wait until it's public and I have something I want to publish to the App Store and then enrol?

For me, coming from C# and javascript, Swift looks 100x more familiar and accessible to me than Objective-C did, so I'm keen to get into it.

Kryckter

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
Hi,

So I'm a developer by trade but (unfortunately?) my commercial experience lies with C#/ASP.NET thus far.

I'm desperate to get on the iOS bandwagon and was wondering if you think there a benefit in me enrolling in the Dev Program now, and paying my fee, so that I can get my hands on Swift just now.. or, wait until it's public and I have something I want to publish to the App Store and then enrol?

For me, coming from C# and javascript, Swift looks 100x more familiar and accessible to me than Objective-C did, so I'm keen to get into it.

No reason to wait, if you have the time and desire now, hop on!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.