Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MinEderPlayz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
Hello,

I registered as an iOS developer yesterday and also already completed my online purchase. Unfortunately, the status on developer.apple.com switched from "Purchase and Activate" to "Identity Verification" which seems to be company based even though I am enrolling as an individual. Also, it has taken some serious time now and I have not gotten an email yet. What am I supposed to do, especially since I was told Apple processes developer applications for individuals within minutes after registration?
Do I have to cancel the online order and start from scratch?

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Normally, if everything goes correctly, Apple can process an application (of an individual) in a matter of minutes. But, for some reason, Apple suspects your identity in the application process. Did you use your own credit card? Does the information from it match what you supplied during the application? That's a pretty normal reason for a delay in the processing.

Anyways, I would not reapply; I would be patient and wait for Apple to contact you, if they need to, to confirm your identity.

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
What happened to me years ago was that I had a middle initial on my credit card but they have me as Michael Flynn - that little discrepancy meant I had to call them and deal with verifying my identity. Not a huge deal, though I've never had that problem with Apple purchases or anywhere else for that matter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.