Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2Evan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
I've been using iCal forever, and really like it, especially to set alarms.

However, recently I started toying around with Entourage 2008 fro MAC. Easy to use, and very practical since I have to create long entries. The printing is also a lot easier than iCal - again for long entries.

I will continue using iCal, but was wondering if it was possible to create events directly in Entourage with the iPad. Again, the length of the events is the main issue here.

Thanks for your help.

acrafton

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2006
FYI - Entourage is going away in the next version of MS Office/Mac so you may not want to spend much energy on integration. . .shame cause I like many of Entourage proj mgmt features.

2Evan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
Entourage gone!

wow thks so much so I won't even spend energy on it. Hopefully there's an alternative for what I want to do - create 10-12 line events.

thankins

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2007
Yea it is just changing names to Outlook:Mac

Looks just like Entourage still, just a little cleaner. I am using the beta of the newest Office and it does the 10-12 line entries.

What you could do is use SyncService in Entourage. It would sync your calendar from it to iCal which in turn would sync to your iPad when you plug it in.

I use to use that method for my iPhone and an IMAP account back in the day and it worked great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.