Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tomb01

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Colleyville, TX
And now crashes on startup again. Uninstalled and reinstalled, still no joy... Have asked Epic for support. Sigh.

Attachments

• 2022-01-14_11-13-43.jpg
    2022-01-14_11-13-43.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 117

Homy

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2006
Sweden
Have you tried linking your Steam account to Epic, adding BL3 to Steam as a non-Steam game and start the game through Steam? I tried this to get the Steam overlay to work on Metro Exodus I bought on Epic and it worked. Before the linking it didn't work and the game didn't even start via Steam but now I don't even have to start the Epic launcher. You do the linking in the Epic launcher, but if it doesn't even start it's not easy obviously. :)

Tomb01

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Colleyville, TX
Thanks, Homy, have not tried that. Did see a suggestion of disabling the 'auto' graphics switching, and that stopped the games launcher from crashing, but my installed games were not available for some reason. Now trying to reinstall, but have a huge amount of 'purgable' storage, which the installer does not acknowledge so it thinks I don't have enough storage (sigh). Am now struggling with how to clear out that 'purgable' storage. Rebooting seemed to be the best option, but that did not clear it up. aargh, nuthin's easy any more.

Reactions: Homy

Tomb01

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Colleyville, TX
Sigh, now have my new 2021 16 inch MacBook Pro, and Borderlands 3 does in fact perform very well on it. Sadly, it tends to simply stop working after a bit of playing. Also had my system 'hang' while playing and had to do a hard power reset to get out of it. Concerning.

Rodan52

macrumors 6502
I too am running Borderlands 3 on a new 14" M1 MBP via Epic Games Launcher. Like others I've had a few issues not least of which was an upload of backup files problem. It was suggested by a support article I trim down the number of backup files on the cloud but I can find no way to do this.
The second problem was a product of the first in a way. I got to the spot where I needed to return to Prometheus from the Sanctuary ship to tackle the laser cannon issue. I found that there we no destinations on the Fast Travel terminal other than Sanctuary. Assuming it was due to a backup error I restarted the game as Mos. Got to the same spot, same problem. So I did a bit of reading online and found it to be a common issue but on one forum I read that I just needed to press "X" on my keyboard ( not a listed option) and low and behold a menu appears with planets, regions and Terminals previously visited. Then it's just a matter of choosing, pressing "E" to travel. Has anyone else had this issue? Did I miss something? The tutorial only goes through some things once but of course I assumed it would work in the same way as Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel but obviously not.
In any case i am VERY grateful to the person who posted that, sadly it was a closed thread so I couldnt thank them.

Last edited:

Rodan52

macrumors 6502
Okay, so a slightly different problem, I have played the whole game right through with two different characters in both regular and Vault Hunter mode and completed a couple of add ons as Maze but when I try to download Bounty and Blood I'm warned that it's not compatible with my device. How can this be! I had no trouble with the base game, or the other two major add ons why would this be different?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.