Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DerChef

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Northern Ireland
Just moved over to a MAC and it has been a love affair so far until today :mad:

Printing and fine control over it seems total g*** under OS X

I bought a MAC mainly for its graphical abilities but I am not impressed. the Driver that comes with the installation has far too fast print spooling for photo quality and shows banding. the Epson GIMP driver has better quality but is far too light.

The drivers and Software from Epsons site are a year old and seem the same.

Epson PhotoQuicker is useless it says with the installed driver I cant have borderless prints or the picture enhancement features. If I try selecting the printer directly it says that Page Attributes are not set in the Printer Utility.

It looks like back to The Dell :(

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Please tell which version of Mac OS X you are running. I am using Tiger and am having problems scanning with my Epson CX5200, but not printing. It worked fine under Jaguar and Panther.

Epson has not yet updated their drivers for Tiger, so this may be the cause of some of your problems.

And for future reference, it is Mac, not MAC.

Good luck.

DerChef

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Northern Ireland
ummmm maybe i am too fussy worrying about banding and subtle colour problems when others cant get their machines to print at all (after searching this forum)

:(

it is 10.4 tiger by the way

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.