Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Champale

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2004
Chicago, USA
I'm not one to typically post a review of any product (sheer laziness I suppose.) But I just bought the Epson R200 to print on to DVDs.

Frankly, I'm extremely impressed with the printer. I'm in advertising and wanted to be able to burn my own reel to show agencies but didn't want to make labels for DVDs.

Picked the Epson up for $99 at Microcenter. Software works great with OS X on my 15" alum PB.

And the results? Not to sound like a shill but wow! I'll give credit where credit is due. That sucker prints out beautiful graphics that look truly professional. I mean, I was surprised. My reel looks pretty sweet now!

The only bummer was that the darned thing didn't come with a USB cable. Shame on Epson for not including one but luckily I had a spare handy.

I haven't tried printing on paper yet but the R200 is cheap (relatively), pretty quick, and I'm impressed with the results.

If you're trying to make professonal looking DVDs or CDs, I'd give this printer a shot.

One caveat: You need printable DVDs which aren't too common at the moment. I had to buy a pack of 100 at the Microcenter since I couldn't find any smaller lots.

PS. I'm no shill! Look at my other posts. This is my first review ever...

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
Agreed. This printer is incredible. If my printer goes out before they get something better, this will definitely be my next one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.