Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Caezar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
I am thinking of buying a console to play FPS games. The only thing that prevented me from purchaing a console in the past was the thought of having to aim with a traditional controller.

Now that it is possible to play with a mouse, such as the FragFx (for the PS3), I might pull the trigger and purchase a console.

Is the FragFx my only choice? Is there an equivalent for the XBox360?

SpankyPenzaanz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2006
I am thinking of buying a console to play FPS games. The only thing that prevented me from purchaing a console in the past was the thought of having to aim with a traditional controller.

Now that it is possible to play with a mouse, such as the FragFx (for the PS3), I might pull the trigger and purchase a console.

Is the FragFx my only choice? Is there an equivalent for the XBox360?

Use a the controller we evolved opposable thumbs for some reason:D

SpankyPenzaanz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2006
If console users lost their auto-aim feature I'm willing to bet they'd get shredded by players of equal skill using a mouse and keyboard any day.

I dont use auto aim because I find the setting and disable it first thing.

Now the use of auto aim entail a lower skill level so the equal skill arguement goes out the window doesn't it. Again if u want to play fps with keyboard and mouse use a PC.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts...I don't knwo how the rest of it goes.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
I'm not sure why you got all these useless replies. Yes, there's a product for the 360 to let you use a keyb/mouse if you want. Do a Google search for "xbox 360 keyboard mouse" and you'll get like 2 pages of answers.

I used one of these products for the original xbox, and eventually stopped because I got used to using a gamepad, just took awhile. Console FPS are tweaked and balanced for use with a controller, so you're not missing anything using one. Sure, a keyb/mouse user will have an edge in a game that lets you choose what control method to use (Halo 2 on a PC, for example) but on a console, everyone is using the controller anyways so it's a pretty level field.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.