Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Genegene

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2021
Just installed"Erase and reset your MAC". It was going great with only 6 minutes left in the erase mode.
I then pulled out the power supply thinking it would run on battery. WRONG
Everything stopped and all I get now is a screen with a question mark in a box. Nothing changes that
Appreciate any ideas for completing the operation

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
You will likely have to do an Internet Recovery to reinstall the OS

• Option-Command-R: Start up from macOS Recovery over the internet. Use this key combination to reinstall macOS and upgrade to the latest version of macOS that’s compatible with your Mac.
  • Option-Shift-Command-R: Start up from macOS Recovery over the internet. Use this key combination to reinstall the version of macOS that came with your Mac or the closest version that’s still available.

Genegene

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2021
You will likely have to do an Internet Recovery to reinstall the OS

• Option-Command-R: Start up from macOS Recovery over the internet. Use this key combination to reinstall macOS and upgrade to the latest version of macOS that’s compatible with your Mac.
  • Option-Shift-Command-R: Start up from macOS Recovery over the internet. Use this key combination to reinstall the version of macOS that came with your Mac or the closest version that’s still available.
This worked very well.
I am happy to have found MacRumors and will follow in the future.
Thank you.

NeetalS

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2021
Guys, I have the same problem. I was installing Catalina and it stopped. I restarted the installation but now I can't see any Disk Volume other than macOS Base System in Disk Unitilies. It seems my HDD is not there.

I downloaded Catalina on my other MBAir but it will not allow me to make the bootable USB as MBAir is working on Big Sur.
any idea how to make Catalina bootable USB on Big Sur?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.