Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GadgetLover

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2001
Now that OS 10.1 is OFFICIALLY out, when will someone delete the lame ol' threads about "GM"s "builds" and "release dates" -- it makes it hard to sort through presently valid topics.

Just a thought ...

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by GadgetLover
Now that OS 10.1 is OFFICIALLY out, when will someone delete the lame ol' threads about "GM"s "builds" and "release dates" -- it makes it hard to sort through presently valid topics.

Just a thought ...

Yeah....create a brand new topic in which you complain about how obnoxious "irrelevant" topics are.

Brilllllllllliant.

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
Re: Hmmm...

So, why'd YOU reply?? Putz.

You were complaining about the number of irrelevant threads -- NOT the number of irrelevant POSTS within each thread.

GadgetLover

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2001
Sounds like you're trying to make an argument where one doesn't need to be. I made a LEGITIMATE suggestion: that threads which are no longer read or of interest to members be deleted to make it easier for people to find what they're looking for. If you have a substantive reason why you don't think it's a good idea, fine. No problem. But it seems like you just feel inclined to rag on someone. Incidentally, my comment was not irrelevant, but your reply was non-productive.

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
Look Inspector Gadget

Sounds like you're trying to make an argument where one doesn't need to be. I made a LEGITIMATE suggestion: that threads which are no longer read or of interest to members be deleted to make it easier for people to find what they're looking for. If you have a substantive reason why you don't think it's a good idea, fine. No problem. But it seems like you just feel inclined to rag on someone. Incidentally, my comment was not irrelevant, but your reply was non-productive.

You're the one lobbing accusations at me. I simply pointed out a humorous irony of your posting.

Anyway, try this for an argument as to why your suggestion is a bad one: maybe people like to examine how the rumor mill is, how accurate it has been in the past in terms of predicting product updates correctly, and the evolution of new products by build.

By the way, who cares if a person's reply was "non-productive"? Rumors sites aren't really designed to help people do their work "productively" anyway.

GadgetLover

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2001
LOL

Take a look at this WHOLE thread and you'll see that I simply posted a comment and you then proceeded to rip me instead of providing constructive comments ("Brillllliant"). Do me a favor and give it a rest, have a heart. I like you john, but at times you can be such an ass. I have seen you go back and forth with people between being productive, informative, intelligent, pleasant, and then at times become sarcastic, judgemental, and basically a jerk (not to mention yor own erroenous statements -- after all, we are all just human). So just let it be -- I was just making a comment/suggestion. Ripping people for simply making suggestions is not the most product thing for any forum -- it, just like dead threads -- just takes up space.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
Taliban people!!!

Why you both are so conflictive? Man, if you are that agresive in a forum I can not imagine you both driving down town.

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
Re: LOL

Ripping people for simply making suggestions is not the most product thing for any forum

No, but it's fun. :)

And anyway, when was I *ever* erroneous????

Don't think it's happened...not here anyway. When I was five, I may have made some mistakes. You know, advanced calculus and stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.