Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lizs4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2018
Hello All, i would like to ask help on this error 0xE8000001..i have already read a lot of solutions online..still got confused so i wanted to ask everyone who are experts on this..

i am using iphone 6s plus and i wanted to connect it to a Macbook (early 2008) so i can connect it to the iTunes..but unfortunately i does not recognized and error 0xE8000001 pops up..

does the error shows because of the old model of macbook??is there anyway to solve it??pls helppp..thank you..

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
You will have better results posting your question in the proper Forum (iPhone in this case)
I have asked the Mods to move it

But yes, likely this is due to an older version of iTunes, and the newer version is prolly not supported by the macOS you are using
What macOS are you running on the MacBook? and what version of iTunes?

lizs4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2018
@MacDawg sorry, im just new here..

itunes is version 10.3.1
and Mac OS X Lion 10.7

so there’s no really other way to solve the connection?

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
No problem, we were all new here once!

I'm no expert on this, but I would suspect that this is the cause of your problem
What iOS version is on your phone?

I would guess that you will require at least some version of iTunes 12 for your iOS
And Lion likely won't support that

Not sure how far you can upgrade your macOS or your iTunes on your MacBook, but that's where you would need to start

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
No problem, we were all new here once!

I'm no expert on this, but I would suspect that this is the cause of your problem
What iOS version is on your phone?

I would guess that you will require at least some version of iTunes 12 for your iOS
And Lion likely won't support that

Not sure how far you can upgrade your macOS or your iTunes on your MacBook, but that's where you would need to start

2008 MacBook will support Windows 7. OP can download iTunes from there without purchasing a new computer.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
2008 MacBook will support Windows 7. OP can download iTunes from there without purchasing a new computer.

So you are suggesting Boot Camp and Windows 7, and downloading iTunes for Windows?
I suppose that is a possibility, but will require the cost of Windows 7 and I personally wouldn't recommend it as a solution

OP what is the reason you need to connect to iTunes? Maybe there are other solutions for what you are trying to do.

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
@MacDawg my iphone is updated to v11.1.2
[doublepost=1517146949][/doublepost]

so what do you suggest to do @LovingTeddy?
hope there is stil a chance..

If i were you, i would just go Microsoft Website and download Windows 7 32bit IOS. Create a Windows partition and install Windows 7. Download iTunes for Windows, so you can get your iPhone 6S up and running.

While 2008 MacBook is old computer now. I had this computer before and i liked it a lot. If you have the money and willing to buy a new Mac, then by all means.

If you would rather not spend the money on a new computer, you can go this route.
[doublepost=1517149638][/doublepost]
So you are suggesting Boot Camp and Windows 7, and downloading iTunes for Windows?
I suppose that is a possibility, but will require the cost of Windows 7 and I personally wouldn't recommend it as a solution

OP what is the reason you need to connect to iTunes? Maybe there are other solutions for what you are trying to do.

The cost is actually none. Windows ISOs are available at Microsoft website for free. You can legally download Windows 7, 8, 10 ISO. Windows comes with 30 days trail version, so you OP can get his iTunes up and running.

There is anything illegal here.

If one really wanted to keep the Windows 7, you can go with unactivated Windows. All it does is you have black wallpaper and please activate Windows watermark forever. But that is little bit illegal here.

I would personal go with this route, i don’t see a point for purchase new computer for this particular issue.

If OP is unwilling to install Windows nor want purchase a new computer, he can then find a friend with newest computer.

lizs4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2018

i just want to connect to itunes so i can sync songs to my phone..
[doublepost=1517150027][/doublepost]
If i were you, i would just go Microsoft Website and download Windows 7 32bit IOS. Create a Windows partition and install Windows 7. Download iTunes for Windows, so you can get your iPhone 6S up and running.

While 2008 MacBook is old computer now. I had this computer before and i liked it a lot. If you have the money and willing to buy a new Mac, then by all means.

If you would rather not spend the money on a new computer, you can go this route.
[doublepost=1517149638][/doublepost]

The cost is actually none. Windows ISOs are available at Microsoft website for free. You can legally download Windows 7, 8, 10 ISO. Windows comes with 30 days trail version, so you OP can get his iTunes up and running.

There is anything illegal here.

If one really wanted to keep the Windows 7, you can go with unactivated Windows. All it does is you have black wallpaper and please activate Windows watermark forever. But that is little bit illegal here.

I would personal go with this route, i don’t see a point for purchase new computer for this particular issue.

If OP is unwilling to install Windows nor want purchase a new computer, he can then find a friend with newest computer.

there is something like that??sorry if i sound ignorant, it’s just that i am new to mac..i am a windows user..thismacbook was just given to me and it would be a waste not to use since it is still working and has 128gb internal memory..

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada

OP... If you don’t mind about Google Play Music, you can go this route as well. Google allows you upload about 2000 songs to their cloud service and have it synced to Google Play Music app.

Or you can try whatever Apple is offer, I couldn’t remember what it was called

Table Top Joe

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2016
The software of the Mac is way behind the software of the phone, they won't talk to each other, thats it in a nutshell

So, instead of going down the Windows route I would see if you can upgrade to El Capitan(2015 software but will give you the iTunes you need and maybe even add another few years of usage to your Mac)

Here you go, free link

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT206886

(I would suggest backing up the Mac first though as your making a big jump, no harm in backing up in case you get any issues https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201250)

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
[doublepost=1517150027][/doublepost]

there is something like that??sorry if i sound ignorant, it’s just that i am new to mac..i am a windows user..thismacbook was just given to me and it would be a waste not to use since it is still working and has 128gb internal memory..

Yes. After Apple switched their Mac line up to Intel processor, Apple created something called Bootcamp. It allows users to creat a separate partition and install Windows on Mac.

You can find Bootcamp on your Mac’s Applciaiton folder. You also need a Windows ISO and USB Drive. You would need create a bootable USB Windows Installer for it to work. I think the Bootcamp application would create the USB installer for you.

You can go to Microsoft Website for ISO download. It is not illegal for you to do so. Microsoft offers 30 days trail period and you can use Windows for free legally within first 30 days. There is hack that allows you extend the trail period for 90 days.

If you have a Windows computer available, the easiest way for you to do is using Windows computer. You won’t need to any of this.
[doublepost=1517150782][/doublepost]
The software of the Mac is way behind the software of the phone, they won't talk to each other, thats it in a nutshell

So, instead of going down the Windows route I would see if you can upgrade to El Capitan(2015 software but will give you the iTunes you need and maybe even add another few years of usage to your Mac)

Here you go, free link

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT206886

(I would suggest backing up the Mac first though as your making a big jump, no harm in backing up in case you get any issues https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201250)

No this would not work for OP. OP has Early 2008 MacBook. The white plastic MacBook. This was model was replaced by the aluminum MacBook in late 2008. The El Capitan would require Late 2008 model and later. So the OPs computer won’t able to run El Captian at all.

The newest OS that the early 2008 MacBook support was OS X Lion (10.7.5). The newest iTunes it supports is 12.2.2. The Max iOS support is iOS 9.

Therefore, OP has no other way other than install Windows or using Whatever Apple offers for cloud sync for his music or Google Play Music or find other computer.

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
OP... If you don’t mind about Google Play Music, you can go this route as well. Google allows you upload about 2000 songs to their cloud service and have it synced to Google Play Music app.

Or you can try whatever Apple is offer, I couldn’t remember what it was called
It's 50,000 songs

lizs4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2018
HELLO ALL!!
thank you very much to your help..i have not solved the problem for the error, and maybe i can never solve it due to the gap version of each device..but however, i just use another way to save songs in my phone thru Cloud (google drive)..thank you everyone for the help!! More power..
:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.