Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Killerbob

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
I am getting errors when I download music in Sonoma Music. I am on PB3, and it looks like I haven't downloaded any music since updating to PB3. The error I am getting is Err. 21. Music plays fine "online", and files previously downloaded play fine. I just can't download any new music.

I know it is beta, and I am just looking for confirmation if anyone else has seen this particular error?

Killerbob

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
If I move the Music Media folder from my NAS to the internal disk, all is fine, but not with the folder on the NAS. This has worked previously and in Ventura as well.

kultschar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2010
@Killerbob Did you ever resolve this issue? I have the same problem (also music folder on NAS) however it is only certain albums. Very odd

Killerbob

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
It turns out that Apple Music will NOT download music to a folder on a network share - and I haven’t found a way to make it work (bar setting up the folder as a iSCSI target).

I use a TB connected SSD, and then once in a while, I move these downloads to my NAS, and I redirect Music to that folder. It scans, and then the downloaded files are on the NAS. I then redirect Music back to the SSD, and continue downloading files to it…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.