Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

siddhartha

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
Northern Virgina
Hi guys,

Wanted to post this here-I've had loads of trouble getting the R9 295 video card recognized by Windows 10 on my retina iMac (iMac15,1).

Nothing I did worked. Bootcamp drivers, AMD Catalyst panel, etc. Nothing would work.

I found a thread on Reddit where someone solved the "error 43" when installing the video card drivers, and wanted to post the thread here, as it was the ONLY thing that worked to fix it for me.

I'm still trying to get the full Magic Mouse and BT Keyboard working (including those apple-specific keys) so if anyone has any hints, I'd appreciate them.

Here you go:

I managed to get the video drivers installed per this guideline:

Here are the steps I did (as per a thread on Reddit):

• 1) install the Bootcamp drivers as usual and reboot when asked for it at the end
  • 2) go to "Device manager" and expand "Display adapters"
  • 3) double click your AMD Radeon R9 M295X card
  • 4) select the "Driver" tab and click "Uninstall"
  • 5) make sure the checkbox has a checkmark for "delete driver" in the popup window and click Ok
  • 6) download the beta drivers from here:http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx--- I've used Win8.1 64bit
  • 7) run the installer so it expands the files, then it will fail to install
  • 8) go back to your Device manager and double click on your "default video adapter" or whatever name it is now (sorry mine's in French). If it is not there, click Action in the menu bar and then select "Search for hardware changes"
  • 9) go to the "Driver" tab and click "Update driver"
  • 10) click "Search my computer"
  • 11) browse to the extracted drivers folder ( should be C:\AMD\AMD-Catalyst-15.6-Beta-Software-Suite-Win8.1-64Bit-June22\Packages\Drivers\Display\WB6A_INF ) and click Ok
  • 12) click the "include subfolders" checkbox and then next
  • 13) enjoy the 14.502.1014.1001 drivers! It will now say "AMD Radeon R9 200 Series"

• I have not tried to do later drivers, but this works, and my video card now works.

• I'm not using the Apple mouse, which works in a rudimentary sense, as I have a Logitech MX Master. It won't connect via Bluetooth, and I have to use the dongle, but it's working.

• Keyboard is working, but without any Apple-specific keys (like volume/brightness). Have to look into this more.

• Otherwise working, and I think I'm on the right track. Incredibly frustrating, and I am very thankful for the drivers posted here. They are the key, I am sure

• Chris

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.