Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rmcqueen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2017
I am working with one of our clients who is using a Mac (that we do not usually support) but I have been working with them to move over files to an external drive. We copied their entire user library (say 700GB) and moved it over to the drive without any issues. What we have tried to do since is overwrite those files to move over any new data since, but I receive "Error Code 0". From all my research, I see that this is usually related to drive partitioning. That is not the case here.

Several files from the initial transfer were over say 6GB. The formatting is HFS+ (I believe is the right one, whatever allows for essentially no file size limit, or at least one that no person would hit). Overwriting the Users file that was moved over throws this error, however if I create a sub folder I do not receive the error and it starts the transfer like normal. I am trying to figure out why Overwriting is throwing this error but a transfer to another directory is not.

Any input would be appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.