Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gslrider

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 4, 2005
This started happening recently. I use iFFMpeg to transcode MKV files to MP4 (more compatible with various devices). Never had an issue till a couple of days ago, and I've done nothing different.

What is happening, is that some video files after transcoding, will not open in QT. And I get the error code 1718449215. As I understand, this is an audio format issue. I'm wondering why this is just happening now, or why at all, and why only on some MKV files. As well, if there is a fix. I like iFFMpeg, and would like to keep using it.

Note: The transcoded video files that won't play on QT, can be played on other video players, like VLC, Divx Player, Blu-Ray Player for Mac, and if I stream from my computer to my android box to watch on my tv. So the video files with issues aren't corrupted. They just won't open in QT. Thanks.

Update: So I think I may have narrowed down a possible cause. What seems to be the common factor for the video files that get this error code under QT, is that the original source file that I transcoded, is using the AC3-A52 audio codec. While the transcode files that play fine in QT did not. Not sure why this is an issue, because iFFMpeg is set to convert original audio to AAC. That being said, is there a anywhere I can download this codec for QT playback? I'm currently using Perian, and it's still working under Yosemite for the most part. But looks like this codec is not supported, and Perian has been discontinued. So no support from them.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.