Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1Icarus2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2018
I managed to successfully downgrade to 11.4 Beta 3 and Jailbreak my iPhone 8 using Electra 1.0.3. I also managed to install a bunch of my favorite Jailbreak app and it was working perfectly.

However, I rebooted the phone, and now I cannot for the life of me get it to Jailbreak again! I have already tried the following:
* Deactivated Siri
* Removed OTA Beta Updates from Settings
* Activated Airplane Mode
* Removed my pass-code.
* Re-installed Electra using TweakBox sooo many times!

I have no options left! I'm so heartbroken! No seriously.... Non-Jailbroken Iphones are just the worst...

Please tell me someone else managed to find a solution to this? If all else fails I will reset the phone tonight and try starting afresh again, but I really REALLY don't want to do that...

1Icarus2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2018
Alright I did manage to get it working again. Thanks to JakeT.

I deleted the Electa app and redownloaded the app from the url Jake provided. I downloaded the VFS version. It took about 5 tries, but at least it worked. The phone also restarted about 5 times, but it worked eventually.

Charmandee

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2018
Alright I did manage to get it working again. Thanks to JakeT.

I deleted the Electa app and redownloaded the app from the url Jake provided. I downloaded the VFS version. It took about 5 tries, but at least it worked. The phone also restarted about 5 times, but it worked eventually.

Did you do anything to your phone like in settings

1Icarus2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2018
Did you do anything to your phone like in settings
I didn't change anything in settings. Just make sure of the following:
  • Siri is disabled
  • Passcode and TouchID is disabled
  • Turn ON Airplane Mode
After that, delete the electra app and install the VFS version for iOS 11.4 Beta 3 iPhones. This was the only version of Electra that allowed me to Jailbreak in the first place. I should have known that this would also be the only version to re-activate my jailbreak.
[doublepost=1531380477][/doublepost]
I'm having the same issue.
Tried both versions, but none has worked
I know this sounds tedious, but just make sure that you have the same version of Electra installed that you initially jailbroke with. Then thereafter, just keep trying. Believe me, it took me the WHOLE day yesterday to eventually get it to work again, but I did manage to do it again.

Just refer to my previous post to Charmandee.

jahin17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2016
London
Is it worth jailbreaking? I’m currently on iOS 12 beta 3 and I’m seeing a lot of people complain about the jailbreak not working properly? I would’ve done it already but it seems as if I won’t be able to restore my Whatsapp chats from iCloud once I downgrade. Dark mode and volume HUD is tempting me a lot but I don’t know if it’s worth the hassle?

Pangu103

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2017
Is it worth jailbreaking? I’m currently on iOS 12 beta 3 and I’m seeing a lot of people complain about the jailbreak not working properly? I would’ve done it already but it seems as if I won’t be able to restore my Whatsapp chats from iCloud once I downgrade. Dark mode and volume HUD is tempting me a lot but I don’t know if it’s worth the hassle?

It's surely worth it. Stability won't be an issue if you do everything correctly.

wildonrio

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2008
The best advice I can give is to wait SEVERAL minutes in between jb attempts. The 30 seconds isn’t long enough.

xovolarjem

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2018
India
That's is just because of some loophole you mistakenly delivered to the iOS software coding in your iPhone device. Do try clearing the phone memory and then jailbreaking it again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.