Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KingGhost

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2023
Today I tried to import two cds to add to my library. Each time I get an error. I can no long import any cds. There also is a long delay before cd is recognized. Just a few days ago I updated the MacOS to the latest version; 14.3.1. This is an iMac M1 with Apple Superdrive. My last CD import was 10 days ago.
Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 5.23.32 PM.png

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Today I tried to import two cds to add to my library. Each time I get an error. I can no long import any cds. There also is a long delay before cd is recognized.
Have you tried moving the SuperDrive to different USB ports? Or even using a TB port?

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Today I tried to import two cds to add to my library. Each time I get an error. I can no long import any cds. There also is a long delay before cd is recognized. Just a few days ago I updated the MacOS to the latest version; 14.3.1. This is an iMac M1 with Apple Superdrive. My last CD import was 10 days ago. View attachment 2351036
Sometimes ago using iTunes I had the same error -54 : I had already the song I was trying to import
The solution was to delete the one I had (copy it somewhere else , then delete it or just delete the reference in A. Music)
and reimport the other one. It's a sync/permission process error
Probably is the same with Apple Music

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Can you play a song directly from the mounted CD? Copy files from the CD to your disk?

Optical drives can fail.

Last edited:

KingGhost

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2023
Can you play a song directly from the mounted CD? Copy files from the CD to your disk?

Optical drives can fail.
Yes, I can play directly from CD just not using the Music app. They are new 2023 releases. Maybe the next MacOS update will fix it.

kagharaht

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2007
Just today my external DVD Player is not recognized after updating to 14.3.1. It worked with the previous version of Sonoma. I plugged it in my old MBA running Monterey, I thought it was Big Sur on my other post but it's Monterey and it works fine there. Just not on my new iMac M3 after the update.

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
I was using the Anker little adaptors, I guess Sonoma doesn't like them anymore after the update.
The little Anker USB-C to USB-A adapters work with my USB Apple SuperDrive when connected directly to my 2019 MPB. No issues.

kagharaht

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2007
The little Anker USB-C to USB-A adapters work with my USB Apple SuperDrive when connected directly to my 2019 MPB. No issues.
Thats great. For me iMac M3 it doesn't. They worked great for awhile. I'll keep them but from now on the Apple ones will make sure most anything I use will work in the future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.