Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

awputra

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Hello,

I got some issues with my early 2015 macbook pro with retina display. 2 days I used my macbook pro until the battery drained to 0 percent. After i charged it up to 100 percent, I used it as usual. I noticed that every 30 - 60 minutes, my macbook pro shut off randomly. It also happened when I closed my laptop and let it sleep. When I opened it in the morning, I need to press the power button. After doing some research, I tried to reset SMC and NVRAM, which improve the run time to be 4-6 hours. After 4-6 hours, the laptop shut down randomly. After I ran hardware diagnostic test, it showed this reference code PPT004.

Questions:
1. do you guys have any suggestions what should I do with this issue? I live in Indonesia, where there's no apple store. Even the authorized service center cannot be trusted.
2. I believe the battery cycle is still less than 300. Should I replace the battery? The cost of replacing battery at authorized apple service center in Indonesia is around $400-$600, which is ridiculously expensive.

Any advice would be helpful

Cheers!

duervo

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2011
Apple Diagnostics: Reference codes

https://support.apple.com/HT203747

If you didn't get AppleCare then pay for a new battery. The 300 cycle blurb only applies if the system is under warranty via 1 year or AppleCare.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.