Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
I’ve just seen a second video talk about the Escobar Fold 2.

First was from Mrwhosetheboss, who says Escobar Co. bought 3 kinds of Galaxy Folds: Insufficient, Returned & Overstocked Folds before undercutting Samsung in a big way ($2000+ v $399).

He also says Escobar are releasing a slab phone....Get ready for the Es20cobar Ultra ?

Second vid is by Unbox Therapy. So the big Youtubers are being used to promote this thing...(who knows if any of the general public will get theirs)...

Anyone willing to take the risk?

Personally, the obvious moral dilemma here makes me despise this whole thing....do we want to pay a notorious drug lord more money? & the risk is high enough with the uncertainty of receiving the device + the added uncertain reliability of the device, as you have at least a third of a chance of getting a device that Samsung QC (& the public) rejected.

Samsung must be working out how they can take the Escobars to court over this? Only a skin ‘hides’ the tech underneath...Surely grounds for legal action?

Last edited:

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
People who ordered their first phone still haven't got their phones and the company refuses to refund them. I'm sure they are sending tech reviewers the actual overstock Fold devices to build some hype again with no intention of fulfilling any orders to the general public.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
This phone is vaporware

b5dc1e9580fa528b8ce3527703f83a04.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.