Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

George Knighton

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
Open Signal v 4.0.14

Open Signal tests appear to name the network of the physical SIM even though the data is being used from the cellular plan of the eSIM.

Is this going to result in the eventual corruption of the coverage map and data speed records?

George Knighton

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
When T-Mobile decided to lower the price of the Pixel 4 to 299.00, I couldn't resist replacing my V30 as my Android play phone. I like to be sure that I understand Android and what's going on.

The Android version of Open Signal works so much better than the iOS version.

Does anybody know why this would be, or if there are any plans to fix some of the features in the iOS version?

The iOS version has the same problem I originally wrote about (reporting physical SIM data even though eSIM is selected as primary). It also fails to report the signal direction or towers, and the Android version does that perfectly.

The Android version has a video test, too.

Why is it the iOS version is so far less well featured, and not working right with some other features?

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
When T-Mobile decided to lower the price of the Pixel 4 to 299.00, I couldn't resist replacing my V30 as my Android play phone. I like to be sure that I understand Android and what's going on.

The Android version of Open Signal works so much better than the iOS version.

Does anybody know why this would be, or if there are any plans to fix some of the features in the iOS version?

The iOS version has the same problem I originally wrote about (reporting physical SIM data even though eSIM is selected as primary). It also fails to report the signal direction or towers, and the Android version does that perfectly.

The Android version has a video test, too.

Why is it the iOS version is so far less well featured, and not working right with some other features?
Maybe don’t post the same thing more than once?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.