Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Has anyone tried the above screen protector? You can’t seem to get the official paper like one direct from the UK so wondered how this compares?

macdogpro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2020
I don’t use ESR, but I read from buyers testimonies, the ESR is an okay paper feel screen protector and one of the popular ones aside from the original paperlike that cost almost twice.

I think for that price range many brands have the same specification and quality.
I use paper like from SwitchEasy. So far so good. Easy to install, very minimum screen quality degradation, fun to draw with apple pencil. Low paper noise when drawing / writing with pencil. No problem with finger swiping. Also so much less finger print oils compared to naked screen (which is so gross).

Reactions: purpleparrotuk

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
I don’t use ESR, but I read from buyers testimonies, the ESR is an okay paper feel screen protector and one of the popular ones aside from the original paperlike that cost almost twice.

I think for that price range many brands have the same specification and quality.
I use paper like from SwitchEasy. So far so good. Easy to install, very minimum screen quality degradation, fun to draw with apple pencil. Low paper noise when drawing / writing with pencil. No problem with finger swiping. Also so much less finger print oils compared to naked screen (which is so gross).

Thanks. It looks like you only get 1 protector in the switcheasy. Is that right? If so it makes it a similar price to the paper like nanodot one.

macdogpro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2020
Thanks. It looks like you only get 1 protector in the switcheasy. Is that right? If so it makes it a similar price to the paper like nanodot one.

That is right.
But here in my country, the official local distributor only ships with 1 protector as well for the original Paperlike (tax wise decision so that they can sell it with competitive pricing) with cost almost twice from the likes of SwitchEasy and ESR. While ordering directly from Germany will take forever to reach here.

I don’t think the original Paperlike is a lot superior than other well-known brands.
Watch so many Youtube comparison myself.

mjcharlton71

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2011
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
ESR one does the job for me. Doesn’t mangle touch sensitivity at all, and the pencil is pretty decent on it. Nicely kills reflections as well, which I prefer.

It picks up the odd line mark from the Magic Keyboard, but other than that it’s spot on for price and availability.

Reactions: purpleparrotuk

okyuntoro

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2021
YK
That is right.
But here in my country, the official local distributor only ships with 1 protector as well for the original Paperlike (tax wise decision so that they can sell it with competitive pricing) with cost almost twice from the likes of SwitchEasy and ESR. While ordering directly from Germany will take forever to reach here.

I don’t think the original Paperlike is a lot superior than other well-known brands.
Watch so many Youtube comparison myself.
I hope there's anyone had some comparison with esr vs switcheasy, because esr claims thinner (just 0.13 mm thick), but switcheasy claims 3H hardness, mate, waterproof, and fingerprint resistance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.