Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Krystian Kozerawski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2018
My name is Krystian Kozerawski and I am an independent developer from Poland. A few months ago I released my app for listening to internet radio stations. It is called Eter (Polish word for English Aether).

Eter uses radio-browser.info API and gives access to more than 20K streams of radio stations from all over the world. They are all available through the built-in search engine. The app also offers a list of recommended radio stations for specific countries, including: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland-Portugal, Romania, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Slovakia, Ukraine, United Kingdom and United States. Listings for additional countries are added periodically.

Currently Eter is available in English, French, German and Polish.

Eter is free in the freemium model. User can, without any additional charges, listen to the recommended stations, switch between the countries (in the application settings), use the search engine and listen to any stream from the over 20K offered by radio-browser.info API.

eter-mac-iq.jpg

For a one-time fee ($2,99 or €3.49), it can unlock the function of adding stations to favorites. The list of favorite stations is synchronized between devices via iCloud. In addition, the user can edit the favorite station: change its name, stream URL, cover URL or choose one of the many predefined covers available in the program. After unlocking the full version you can also hide the list of recommended stations (if you don't need it).

Eter is entirely written in SwiftUI and is available in separate versions for iOS/iPadOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS.

macOS versions supports AirPlay2.

Future versions are planned to add support for Google Chromecast and support for Siri shortcuts.

Link to App Store: https://apps.apple.com/app/eter/id1523221566

Reactions: Fishrrman

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
This looks very interesting, but I discovered (when trying to download from Apple Store) that it requires OS 11 or later.
(Just to advise others who may be using older versions of the OS, like me...)

Since the Apple Music.app no longer supports free internet streaming radio, it's a welcome addition to the Mac software gallery...

KaliYoni

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2016
This looks very interesting, but I discovered (when trying to download from Apple Store) that it requires OS 11 or later.
(Just to advise others who may be using older versions of the OS, like me...)

Since the Apple Music.app no longer supports free internet streaming radio, it's a welcome addition to the Mac software gallery...
If you want to play around with global radio before buying an app, I like Radio Garden.

(My Poland pick is Radio Bielsko. Long story...let's just say I had an unexpected, unplanned trip there a few years back and I heard a lot of it in taxis. Cześć!)

Krystian Kozerawski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2018
If you want to play around with global radio before buying an app, I like Radio Garden.
Just for the clarification. Eter is free as well as search feature. So there is free access to all stations available in radio-browser.info api. Full version unlocks the ability to add stations to favorite list and to hide recommended list. So you don't need to buy the full version to be able to listen or to search stations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.