Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Branaghan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
It was working in iOS 13 beta 2.

All the adapters mentioned in this thread are now not working:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/has-anyone-tried-using-ethernet-on-ipad-pro.1974288/

And to confirm my suspicions I used 3uTools again, to reinstall iOS 13 beta 2.

Now ALL adapters are working, the Belkin + Apple and also the USB camera 3 adapter and Anker.

I submitted a bug report, however was unable to trigger a sysdiagnose. It's not working for the iPAD, I waited and waited and waited and no sign of it.

Luckly I was able to return to beta 2.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Yea - beta 3 broke everything USB related for me; USB mice, USB hard drives/SD cards.

I wouldn’t be shocked if USB microphones broke too - seriously hope it is a bug and fixed with beta 4

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Yea - beta 3 broke everything USB related for me; USB mice, USB hard drives/SD cards.

I wouldn’t be shocked if USB microphones broke too - seriously hope it is a bug and fixed with beta 4
Yeah, though I would argue Apple is turning off USB support in beta 3 for isolating certain set of bugs.
My USB drive does not work either. It can be recognised but doing anything on the drive will freeze the Files app. I then have to restart iPad or even unplug the device to recover from it.

miloatsale

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2015
Yeah, though I would argue Apple is turning off USB support in beta 3 for isolating certain set of bugs.
My USB drive does not work either. It can be recognised but doing anything on the drive will freeze the Files app. I then have to restart iPad or even unplug the device to recover from it.

I agree and proven that all the USB connections for my iPad Pro 2nd generation is not working, including the SD card reader.

Branaghan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
https://www.macrumors.com/2019/07/08/revised-ios-13-developer-beta-3/

iklE4YW.png

Warning: the beta 3 revised still has this issue. Ethernet still doesn't work. I am now trying to downgrade again...

Branaghan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
Has this problem been fixed in the final iOS 13 release for the iPhones? I am not going to update my IPP 10.5 without confirming this.

Branaghan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
Confirmed: all Ethernet adapters are working. I tested in the final 13 version (iPADOs), in the IPP 10.5. Tried with the two mentioned here:

The Belkin and Anker (gigabit and non-gigabit).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.