Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
I have a couple posts on Reddit about this and people have a hard time believing that their beloved Eve products are not perfect but mine constantly have to be unplugged and plugged back in. Stop responding in both HK and the Eve app. So I know it's not just HK. It's something with the device.

These replaced a bunch of Vocolinc switches (rarely if ever had an issue) and after swapping in the Eve's, I have unplugged all of them at least twice over the past 4 weeks because of the issues. Everyone asks, do you have a thread router/border device. Yes, 6 homepod minis and the new ATV 4K. Everything is fine and working. All my Hue lights work fine. Just Eve not doing what it's suppose to do.

Any ideas?

robotica

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2007
Edinburgh
I’ve got 3 here and they work great! Sounds like it might be some kind of interference causing your issues. Mine work flawlessly!

Sean7512

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2005
I have an Eve Energy (Thread) and it's HORRIBLE. It goes to no response after just a few hours and the only fix is to remove from my Home and reset the plug. It is so annoying.

None of our other HomeKit devices (Meross, iDevices, Hue, Arlo) have any issues ever, it's just the Eve one. I'd never buy one again, such a waste of money.

QuietGamer

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2014
US
No Issues with the 5 current gen EVE plugs (thread, firmware ver. 2.1.1) or the EVE Energy strip on 2.4 wifi (Firmware 1.0.10). One of the plugs is listed as the thread leader. HK is updated to the new standard. Home has 2 '22 ATV 128, hardwired with one as the HK hub, 1 '21 ATV 4K wireless and 4 HP Minis.

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
I realize this is an older thread, but just to bring up the topic again, I am now having issues like the original poster. All of my Eve devices stopped responding from the app and no longer respond to automations. I suspect the recent iOS update. Anyone else having issues? I have switches installed so I even turned off the circuit breaker but no help.

Bl0ckHe1d

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2009
Caledonia
I realize this is an older thread, but just to bring up the topic again, I am now having issues like the original poster. All of my Eve devices stopped responding from the app and no longer respond to automations. I suspect the recent iOS update. Anyone else having issues? I have switches installed so I even turned off the circuit breaker but no help.

The early adoption for Eve Matter and earlier HomePodOS16 & tvOS16 Thread protocol had a few teething issues causing many frustrations and the infamous "No Reponse" issues for many users, thankfully this has now been ironed out by both Apple and Eve using the latest firmwares (16.5 and 3.2) or at least for many more stable! Ensure that all your devices are updated to the latest firmware(s).

Another observation in my experience, when you have a "No Response" for one of your Matter devices, try ignoring it for a short period and the device usually spring back into action however appreciate that this may not be the case for others.

Reactions: fatTribble

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
The early adoption for Eve Matter and earlier HomePodOS16 & tvOS16 Thread protocol had a few teething issues causing many frustrations and the infamous "No Reponse" issues for many users, thankfully this has now been ironed out by both Apple and Eve using the latest firmwares (16.5 and 3.2) or at least for many more stable! Ensure that all your devices are updated to the latest firmware(s).

Another observation in my experience, when you have a "No Response" for one of your Matter devices, try ignoring it for a short period and the device usually spring back into action however appreciate that this may not be the case for others.
I definitely appreciate the advice! only my two outlets are eligible for Matter but since I’m a HomeKit only guy I haven’t upgraded them to support Matter. I ended up Remington all of the devices from the Home app and re-adding them. They’ve been working fine now. Thanks again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.