Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simsaladimbamba

Original poster
Nov 28, 2010
located
Hi,

I recently have experienced the following strange glitch, and would I have not had a life at that point in time, I would have probably thrown the iPad away upon seeing that, but then again, an actor playing a police man controlling someone for alcohol abuse the night before was caught driving with some alcohol that day and we had to get him back due to a revoked license.

MR2ss_2014_03_31_pA1_iPadOpenMapsMishap.jpg

Last edited:

east85

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
You lost me with the text part.. but..

I've had the orientation glitch pictured on iOS 7.0.6 with my iPad.

simsaladimbamba

Original poster
Nov 28, 2010
located
@east85: thanks. I haven't seen it before nor ever again, thus my small confusion. Nothing major, just did not want to be alone.

As to the rest of my entry: I was filming a movie the past six weeks, and one night we shot a traffic control scene with a real police man and an actor as a police man. The guy getting stopped had 0.3 alcohol in his breath.
After the shooting was finished, we had a small umtrunk to celebrate the last three days of shooting and a free day before that.
On the next day, the free one, I was helping the production designers with something, when we got word, that that one actor, acting as police man the night before, was stopped on the other side of the border with 0.4 alcohol in his breath. He immediately got his license taken away, and we had to get him accross the border with two drivers.
As thank you we got beer of course.

east85

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
Ah yeah definitely not alone there. I had it happen three times. The first two times I locked the device and hit the home button to get rid of it. On the third occasion I locked the device and hit the home button but it had actually taken my wallpaper and flipped it permanently while realigning everything else fine. It was just stuck that way, so I just restarted the device completely. Definitely a weird bug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.