Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enjoying the game but unless you sit close to the screen you cant read the text as the background is coloured sorta beige and if you are sitting like most of us not right in front of the screen you cant read it. so you go into settings and it allows you to change the text colour but not the background, but it doesn't matter whether its green or blue or black its still virtually unreadable.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I am actually gonna start a thread on this.

More and more console games I'm playing have a lot of text in them that can't be read "from the couch" unless you have a 65"+ screen...

Fine on the PC when you're less than a foot from the monitor...

Reactions: madeirabhoy

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I am actually gonna start a thread on this.

More and more console games I'm playing have a lot of text in them that can't be read "from the couch" unless you have a 65"+ screen...

Fine on the PC when you're less than a foot from the monitor...
My partners currently playing through Xenoblade X on the Wii U and I’m sat close/nearby on a beanbag with the Switch… and good god even I find it hard reading the squashed text on that game! My partner says they just guess what’s written sometimes because it makes it more exciting :D

And I remember back in 2007 when my brother had an SD tube TV with an Xbox 360. He was unable to play (IIRC) Dead Rising and some other games because the text was impossible to read.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
My partners currently playing through Xenoblade X on the Wii U and I’m sat close/nearby on a beanbag with the Switch… and good god even I find it hard reading the squashed text on that game! My partner says they just guess what’s written sometimes because it makes it more exciting :D

And I remember back in 2007 when my brother had an SD tube TV with an Xbox 360. He was unable to play (IIRC) Dead Rising and some other games because the text was impossible to read.

Just happened to me with the Surge.

Played the Steam demo, and really liked it. Decided to get the used Xbox One copy (cheaper and wanted to play with a controller from the couch).

Nope, can't read any of those crafting/loadout screens on the console copy...

Devs want make it that way to make people go out and buy a larger TV - it's a conspiracy... :eek:

;)

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
thing is my tv is big enough and its not the size of the writing, its the coloured background but weirdly theyve bothered to make a way for you to change the text colour but not the background.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.