Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bradley8795

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
So it seems that last night every file on the iMac I installed Mojave on was deleted. Anything not in iCloud is now gone. Weirdly all of the apps are still there, and all but every single file, photo, document, basically everything except the apps are now gone.

I am not complaining because of course I made a back up, and I know this is a beta. Just giving a heads up to others that don't heed the cautions.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
have you checked your Users folder, to be sure your account isn't still there, and you're in a different account? something like this happened to a friend several years back (i think a new account was created with an OS install, and he was logged into that. something like that).

bradley8795

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
have you checked your Users folder, to be sure your account isn't still there, and you're in a different account? something like this happened to a friend several years back (i think a new account was created with an OS install, and he was logged into that. something like that).
Yep. That was the first thing I checked. Nothing there unfortunately.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
did you have your docs & desktop in the cloud? otherwise, seems your user account was hosed; is it still in your name? anyway, good thing we back our macs up...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.